“Withhold a smile only when the smile can hurt someone. Otherwise, let it bloom forth in a riot.” – Vera Nazarian
Throughout these difficult times it can extremely hard to stay positive and see the benefits of what we are doing (if we are doing what we are told to do.)
It can be all too easy to get down in the dumps, lonely and a bit depressed. Take a few seconds sometime today and write down some positive things, either about yourself, the current situation or anything really.
For starters here are a few of the benefits of staying quarantined:
- You are not getting sick!
- You are protecting those around you that are at risk
- You have an excuse to start up a hobby
- You get to have more time with family/roommates
- You save money (no going out, commute, etc.)
- You get creative (some may call it going insane)
That is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the benefits. I understand that it is a trying time for most of us, I’m talking to you introverts go check on your extrovert friends because I can guarantee you that they are either slightly or really dying.
Keep your chin up and allow yourself to feel whatever emotions you are feeling whether it be fear, anxiety, sadness it is all valid. Smile when you can, it will do nothing but help.