“Temperamentally anxious people can have a hard time staying motivated, period, because their intense focus on their worries distracts them from their goals.” – Winifred Gallagher
Feeling calm in a crazy world is extremely difficult to do. Peace is a rare blessing and so often we are the reason that we can’t create peace. It’s in our hands so we have the power to create our own peace.
Here are some mantras to help when in an anxious moment:
- My body is safe even when it is sending off false alarms
- I release the false belief that I need control & certainty all the time
- This feeling is an opportunity to practice sitting with uncomfortable emotions and feelings
- I can sit with this feeling without trying to push it away or ignore it
- My breath and heartbeat are relaxed and calm
- I don’t need to examine & analyze my anxious thoughts
- Judging my emotions will not make them better
- I don’t fixate on every worry that enters my mind
Read these, say these, and believe these.