“God gave us crying so other folks could see when we needed help, and help us.” – Joshilyn Jackson
Crying is a natural human reaction to things but it is so often looked at as being weak. No matter how much we believe it to be weak it is still a part of being human.
I want to remind you why crying is important and why it isn’t something to be ashamed of.
- Crying can show you are struggling and can lead to getting the support you need
- Crying can indicate a feeling of sympathy for someone and make them more comfortable with their feelings
- Crying releases stress and unloads emotions
- Crying can lead to emotional bonding between two people and creating a stronger relationship
- Crying is healthy for the eyes and nose
- Crying improves your mood
If this list does not inspire you to get a good cry in then I am not sure what will. Crying is not weak, if anything it is a sign of strength. Being vulnerable requires a level of strength and courage that is unmatched by any showy.