“Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” – Audre Lorde
Everyone deserves to have a good self-care day whatever that may consist of for you. Here are a handful of ideas that you can implement into your life that will hopefully be some good self-care.
- Adding some scheduled breaks into your life
- Plan or prep for some meals ahead
- Get some fresh air
- Sort out your laundry pile
- Take some time to reflect on the past week
- Make sure your plants are watered
- Making a motivational morning playlist
These are simple and practical things to do that are productive but still lower energy. They’re also things that I’m sure your future self will thank you for. These tasks don’t have to be saved for Sunday and only Sunday they can be done at any time whenever needed.