“Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
Today is Thursday and for some reason, it feels like everyone I’ve chatted with this week has had a weird week. Not necessarily bad, but strange. When we get these feelings it’s extremely important to remember that they aren’t permanent and they will pass. The strangeness, comfortability, or whatever the feeling is for you will leave eventually. If you’ve had a weird day, week, month, or even a couple of years it isn’t going to be this way forever.
Here are some affirmations for you to say to yourself today to hopefully help with the weirdness that it seems we’re all feeling:
- Whatever I’m capable of doing today is enough
- I’m not going to waste my energy on things or people that don’t deserve it
- I won’t compare myself to others
- I won’t believe the negative things I tell myself
- So far I’ve survived all the bad days and I will continue to do so
- I have plenty of good days to look forward to
- I release control of what I have no power over and focus on what I can control
Although it may seem cheesy, tell yourself these and truly believe them today. Don’t let yourself get caught up in the messy, weird, or strange feelings that might approach you.