“Taking care of myself doesn’t mean ‘me first.’ It means ‘me, too.” – L.R. Knost
Minimizing yourself is a painfully common thing to do. There are no limits to what you can achieve on your journey through life. Do not let the memories of your past limit the potential of your future.
Do not minimize yourself with these statements:
- I’m not sure if this makes sense but…
- I’m just not that intelligent/creative/talented…
- That’s never going to happen for me…
- I’m so sorry to both you with this…
- Nobody likes me
- I hate myself/my body
Instead, say things like:
- Here’s what makes sense to me…
- With patience and practice I can become anything I want.
- I’m going to trust the process and take it one day at a time.
- There’s something I need help with. Do you have a few minutes?
- Not everything can connect with me and that’s okay. I’m not for everybody. I don’t need to please everyone.
- It might take me some time to love myself but I can start by learning to respect myself.
Let yourself grow out of that fear which has taken shelter inside of you. Don’t let this fear make you doubt yourself. Don’t let this fear take out a part of you and stop you from being yourself.
You’re creating your own journey. Don’t minimize yourself.