“The reason that I can’t find the enemy is that I have yet to look within myself.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
Self sabotage is so common but so many people don’t know they’re doing it. Being conscious of your thoughts and how much they impact you helps you recognize when you’re doing it.
Here are some ways that you can combat self sabotaging:
- When someone disagrees with you, you don’t have to always agree with them.
- Let other know about your achievements and what makes you proud about yourself.
- Think about how it negatively impacts you when you speak negatively about yourself.
- Accept the compliments around you and remember you’re appreciated.
- Ask yourself if you’d like how someone would talk to you the way you talk to yourself.
- You are allowed to defend yourself when someone is insulting you instead of just taking the hit.
- Practice self affirmative actions where you treat yourself with kindness, compassion, and love.
Once you realize you’re doing it, it’s then easier to change or adjust your mindset and what you’re speaking to yourself.
It’s easy to say hard to do and is rarely taught. Make sure you take care of yourself, it’s really important.