“Recovery is not one and done. It is a lifelong journey that takes place one day, one step at a time.” – Unknown
If you can’t tell, mental health is something I hold very near and dear to my heart. Ever since I discovered there were words for what I was feeling and I was able to accurately communicate them I was overjoyed. Because of this, I want to make sure others know there are words for what they’re feeling. But also recognize the signs of what recovery and what someone good for your mental health looks like. These are wonderful things that shouldn’t be overlooked and should be celebrated like the wins that they are.
Here are a few signs that someone is good for your mental health:
- You’re excited to share good news with them
- You don’t have to overthink your actions or words you can just exist genuinely
- They’re understanding of your shortcomings and flaws
- Your boundaries are respected and encouraged
- They hold you accountable, without judgment
- They empower your to achieve your goals
- Someone came to mind while reading this list
Whoever that person is that came to mind, reach out and let them know how grateful you are. Life is scary and shouldn’t be approached alone.