“Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.” – C. H. Spurgeon
If you are struggling with anxiety it can be extremely easy to think that you are insane. I am here to let you know that you are okay.
Affirmations are powerful they can help you but also protect you. Below I have listed out some anxiety affirmations, speaking these either during a moment of high anxiety or on a scheduled daily basis is pretty much guaranteed to help you out.
- Experiencing anxiety does not mean I am crazy
- Anxiety is what I experience NOT who I am
- Anxiety is a shared human experience, I am not alone
- Anxiety is often trying to protect me
- This feeling will not last forever
- I am safe
- I will get through this
- I am here
- I am strong
Affirmations are an action and they are a process. It is something that has to be done and done consistently. Anxiety is a pain, it a burden on yourself and often those around you. Anxiety is overwhelming and all-consuming but if you can find little things to do such as an affirmation, breathing, grounding, or whatever works best for you there is always hope at the end of the tunnel.
If you are struggling with anxiety here are some resources that will hopefully be able to help:
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): 1-800-950-NAMI (1-800-950-6264)
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA): 1-240-485-1001
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): 1-866-615-6464
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Mental Health (CDC): 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636)
- American Psychological Association: 1-800-374-2721
- American Psychiatric Association: 1-800-357-7924
- Drugwatch – How to Deal with Anxiety: 1-888-645-1617
- Psychology Today: Anxiety Test
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America: Screening for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social Anxiety Institute: Do I have Social Anxiety Disorder?
Anxiety support groups: