“What’s on your mind?” I don’t know. Nothing but everything at once.” – Lidia Longorio
It can be easy to start feeling overwhelmed and then not know what to do to combat it. The good news is, there are plenty of things you can do to make yourself start feeling less overwhelmed. Even if it is just the smallest difference it is still better than nothing.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Do not blame yourself for how you’re feeling
- Pause and take long, deep, and thoughtful breaths
- Think of a really small step towards one task
- Take a break and do a realizing activity
- Move your body and get some fresh air
- Connect with a trusted person for support
- Turn off social media or notifications
- Intentionally listen to some music
Doing one of these things for five minutes has the potential to drastically change your day, but only if you let it.
Allow yourself to take the time to do these activities and allow them to change your day.
Do not be so hard on yourself, it is going to be okay.