“Relax, Recharge and Reflect. Sometimes it’s OK to do nothing.” – Izey Victoria Odiase
Self care doesn’t have to be a whole day or an entire vacation, it can be a simple 15-minute task that is refreshing. Here’s a list of some of the best forms of self-care that don’t take a significant amount of time.
- Step outside and get some fresh air and sunlight. Either walking or just standing
- Do a breathing exercise or guided meditation
- Turn off your phone and drink a full glass of water in silence
- Grab a journal and do a brain dump of what is on your mind
- Take out a piece of paper and doodle
- Do nothing
- Have a small music and dance session
- Create a safe space and stretch
- If you have pets, take some time and give them some love
- Give yourself a massage
- Do a face mask
Time is a precious thing and with the chaos of life, even 15 minutes can feel like an impossible task. I challenge you to take a minimum of 15 minutes at some point this week and accomplish one of the things listed above or something else.
Life is about balance, but it’s up to you to create it. Don’t let others or technology rule your life when you have the ability to make the choice to change it.