“Listening to podcast, reading a book, listening to an aduibook and watching films isn’t waste of time. It’s how somebody becomes wise!” – Deyth Banger
As someone that is very much so into podcasts, it shouldn’t be a surprise that I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve written a blog post about them. But recently I’ve discovered a lot more podcasts that might be intriguing to others and have compiled a list below.
- And The Writer Is… – an interview-style podcast where Ross Golan sits down with an acclaimed songwriter and they get persona. His roster includes legends such as AJR, Grey, Lauv, Gwen Stefani, Benny Blanc, and more.
- You Heard Me Write – a combination of 30 original pieces with a conversation between the different artists involved.
- Switched On Pop – Nate Sloan and Charlie Harding unravel the mystery of what it takes to create a good pop song. As well as the impact it can have on our culture.
- Dolly Parton’s America – a deep dive into one of America’s great icons. A personal, historical, and thought-provoking 9 part journey into who is Dolly Parton?
- Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain – rather appropriately names genuinely anything goes with this podcast. It’s just Emma talking about whatever Emma wants, but it feels as if you’re talking with your best friend. It’s raw, intimate, and nothing is off-limits.
- Unhinged – a wild ride with comedian Chris Kelemen’s and the occasional guest. This is a wild ride, off the rails, no seatbelt kind of podcast that will have you crying from laughter.
- Ear Biscuits – two lifelong best friends, Rhett and Link, talk about life for a long time. This is the first podcast I listened to way back in the day and I still listen to it to this day.
- Empty Inside – Jennette McCurdy talks with a different guest each episode diving into a specific topic. With everything from Mike Birbgila talking about pressure to Ethan & Grayson Dolan talking about the perils of fame. It gets vulnerable, deep, and intimate.
- Oddvice – each week Kristen McAtee and Alex Koot talk about a specific topic whether it be social media, online dating, siblings, or inner child healing. Then the next week they read the listeners’ stories and answer their questions. It’s a very big sister energy.
- Wild ‘Til 9 – a DIY influencer, LaurDIY, and an ex-frat-president turned tech mogul, Jeremy Lewis, start dating and create a podcast. What do you get when you mix those energies together? Well, you’ll find out by listening to this.
- A Conversation With – hosted by Philip DeFranco he sits down and has a conversation with a new person. Figuring out what makes them tick and how they got to where they are today.
- I Spent A Day With… – Anthony Padilla sits down with a range of guests to discover the truth about often misunderstood and misrepresented groups of people. Including everything from kleptomaniacs, dominatrixes, ex-cult members, aromantics, and more.
Now that I’ve gotten the music and personal stories podcasts out of the way stay tuned for more podcasts recommendations from other genres.