“Podcasting has become one of the fasted and trusted tools/channels for building and promoting brands.” – Bernard Kelvin Clive
Here are some of the best podcasts within the true crime and self help categories.
- Within the Trenches – stories from being a 9-1-1 dispatcher. Each episode has a different dispatcher telling new stories. You get to hear about dispatches that have a family tradition and have been around it since they were a baby, to different dispatch directors.
- What Was That Like – first hand stories of true events, unreal situations real people. Everything from a bear attack, mass shooting, sexual assault, train derailing, and more. Read more about it here.
- This Is Actually Happening – listen to extraordinary true stories of life-changing events told by the people who lived them. From a teenager who purposefully crashed the car her and her mom were in, to getting stuck in a boat at sea and it beginning to sink. Read more here.
- Something Was Wrong – a true-crime docuseries about the discovery, trauma, and recovery from shocking life discoveries and abusive relationships.
- Killer Queens – hosted by two sisters, Tyrella and Tori, talking about true crime.
- Let’s Not Meet – true horror stories written by those that made it out alive. First person accounts narrated and produced by Andrew Tate.
- My Favorite Murder – hosted by two lifelong true crime fans, Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark. They tell each other their favorite tale of murder and read hometown crime stories from their friends and fans. Be warned though, the first ten to thirty minutes will be just them talking and catching up.
- Cult Liter – Spencer Henry brings the spooky every Monday with a new story whether it features a cult or not. Then later in the week, you’re blessed with a little liter episode where Spencer reads stories sent in from listeners about their own spooky experiences.
- Crime Junkie – this is probably the true crime podcast that I’ve been listening to for the longest. It’s hosted by Ashley Flowers and Brit, each week they take a deep dive into a true crime story and try to rally their listeners up to help out in some way.
- The Cure For Chronic Pain – Nicole J. Sachs is a speaker, writer, and psychotherapist who has dedicated her life to the treatment of chronic pain and conditions.
- Sleepy – this is not your traditional self help podcast, it is hosted by Otis Gray. He reads you to sleep with old books and his peaceful voice. This podcast is genuinely what got me through sleeping in a room with a lot of different people or loud neighbors.
- UnFuck Your Brain – hosted by Kara Loewentheil, she shares how to overcome social conditioning and your own critical thoughts. As well as how to boost your self-confidence and get what you want out of life.
- Unlocking Us – the classic cult favorite Brene Brown hosts this podcast. She has conversations with people who are teaching her, challenging her, and confusing her at times. But both her and you will learn a lot throughout it.
- Wake Up/Wind Down – put simply this is beautifully crafted audio to start and end your day.
Now that I’ve blasted you with a ton of different podcasts let me know if I’ve missed any or which podcasts are your favorite.